Find Me!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Shadows and Liner!

Hey everyone!

This will be a small, quick post as i just wanted to give a mention of 3 products I picked up, but I am also extremely busy with last minute paper writing and other boring priorities. However, I decided a break was in order to post this :)

So, I did a little shopping last week and found some really pretty eyeshadow shades and an absolutely stunning eyeliner, Yay!
I have been avoiding buying the L'oreal Infallible eyeshadows for a long time, yet I'm not sure why I refused to try them despite the good reviews I've seen. The powder consistency just seemed like it would be a loose mess and end up all over my face instead of on my eyelid - which after trying them, actually can happen depending on how you apply them.

I picked up the colors Forever Pink and Sahara Treasure.
They both contain a lot of shimmer which I was concerned about at first, but these actually end up looking fantastic on the eyes! The powder is a lot more loose than I am accustomed to, so I had to play around and figure out which brush works best with these shadows. Do not use a fluffy crease brush for these, it makes a mess and the pigment ends up under your eyes. Instead use a very dense, short shadow brush or even your finger (yes, that actually works for these) and apply these by pressing the color down onto the lid instead of swiping your brush over it. Trying these wet also makes them a little easier to work with so that they don't flake off.
Overall, I like these shadows- theres a few more colors I may try, but for now I'm going to keep using these to test their staying power and versatility for everyday wear.

On to the eyeliner. Oh My Goodness, this liner from Urban Decay's 24/7 line is the most amazing color I have ever seen. Pictures and swatches do not do it justice - it is truly a product you must try.
Sabbath.

This is a deep deep royal blue shade that is like nothing I have ever seen before. It is neutral enough that I replace my black liner with this very often, and it looks amazing with brown eyes (blue shadows/liners on brown eyes always make the eye pop).
Urban Decay eyeliners are pricy (in the $20 range), but they are not disappointing. They slide on smoothly, give you a little time to smudge if you want to, and then set so well that no amount of rubbing will budge them (makeup remover obviously does the trick). Although I love the entire line of the 24/7 pencils, there are drugstore brands that offer the same benefits for much less; therefore, I usually only buy an Urban Decay one when the color is something I cant find elsewhere. Seriously, this color is definitely a favorite of mine at the moment.

Swatches

L'oreal Infallible eyeshadows: Sahara Treasure & Forever Pink
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner: Sabbath

Thats going to be it for this little post today. As the end of June is tomorrow I will be doing my best to post a June favourites in the next few days and that will definitely be longer.

Feedback is always welcome!

Thanks for reading! Love!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment