Find Me!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hey guys!
First post, How exciting!

Today I wanted to share my thoughts on Cynthia Rowley nail polish that I picked up at Winners about a month ago. I LOVEEE Cynthia Rowley's clothing collection and her line of housewares so I wanted to try out the nail polish on a whim.



The colors I picked up came in a set together but do not have a name; I did a little two-toned mani with them for some spring fun.
First I'd like to note that I had high hopes for these polishes; they really let me down.
The brush is a standard old fashion nail polish brush. It doesn't curve like the new salon style brushes so I found that the nail polish got on my cuticles a lot (maybe the new brushes spoiled me). The formula was a little watery and the color needed two coats, which is pretty standard.
There was also no indication on the packaging that these colors were in fact a matte finish. At first, I liked the matte look to the nail polish, it's different than usual so I enjoyed it. The down side however, is the staying power. It is absolutely terrible! I applied the polish at about 3 pm for a neon themed birthday party I was attending, and it was chipped before I left my house at 8.
I'd like to note, I also tried applying a top coat over it to prevent chips - not only did this take away the matte finish, but it still chipped in the SAME day! Not at all what I would have expected from a product with both a base and top coat (Sally Hansen Hard as Nails).
I would also like to note I purchased a different color set as a gift (before I had even tried them myself) that were not a matte finish, and was told the same thing about the staying power so it doesn't seem to be just these colors or finishes.

Recap

Pros:
Fun colors
Extremely Fast Drying
Attractive Packaging

Cons:
Brush is hard to work with
Watery Formula
Terrible Staying Power

Thanks for reading! Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment