Find Me!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

FOTD: Fun with blue shadow

Hey guys!

It's finally sunny and warm for the first time this year here; that means its time for dresses and fun makeup colors.
Today I decided to play with some old eyeshadow I had kickin' around and get a little tropical for the sunshine.




My hair was a mess so I added a hat, but I didn't want to shade the makeup in the picture.
To get this look I started with a BB cream as a moisturizer/primer. Next I applied foundation with a stipple brush. I added a little bronzer and blush and did a bit of minor contouring around the cheeks and nose area.
For the eyes, I began with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. The inner corner of the eye I applied "Virgin" from the Urban Decay Naked palette and applied "Buck", from the same palette, all over the lid.

The blue comes from an old CoverGirl eye enhancers quad palette "Tropical Fusion"; the exact color of the shadow isn't on the packaging, but its the only blue shade in the palette. I took a small fluffy brush and began layering the color on wet. I found that the product didn't show much color dry (probably because it's also older), but showed intense blue when wet. I blended the blue over the lid starting in the outer corner and working inward, and continued into the crease. After I applied the blue, I went back and added more buck and blended that further into the blue.
I finished the eyes off by using liquid eyeliner winged out on the upper lid, and a kohl eyeliner on the outer lower lid. I then used a small flat brush and added a little more blue eyeshadow underneath the eyeliner on the lower lid.
Viola! Summer blues!
I always try to keep the lips simple when doing a bolder eye look, otherwise it can start to look a little overdone and heavy. For this, I used MAC matte lipstick in "Please Me" topped with Elf super gloss lip shine in "Goddess" for a nice neutral lip.


Products Used



Face
L'oreal Youth Code BB Cream: Light (moisturizer/primer - not pictured above)
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation: Medium Beige
NYC Bronzing Powder: Sunny (contouring)
Wet and Wild Bronzer: Princess
Milani Baked Blush: Rose D'Oro
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: Brighter (under foundation)
Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller (Over foundation)

Eyes
Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked Palette: Buck and Virgin
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers: Tropical Fusion
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Eyeliner: Nude (inner rim of eye)
Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner: Blackest Black (top lash line)
Gosh Velvet Touch Kohl Eyeliner: Black Ink (bottom lash line)
Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express: Blackest Black
Maybeliine Define-a-brow: Medium Brown (eyebrows)

Lips
Mac Matte Lipstick: Please Me
Elf Super Gloss Lip Shine: Goddess

Comment below if you have any questions or requests for me!

Thanks for reading! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment