Find Me!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette: Holy Grail.


My Goodness!
Thats how I have to start this. I know I'm late on the bandwagon on this one- but my gosh this palette is amazing!
So tiny and compact and yet delivers a nice range of daytime and nighttime looks.

Lets begin by discussing the quality of the actual compact. It is the high quality packaging we have come to love from Urban Decay palettes. It is heavy- not in an overbearing way, but in an "expensive" way, and has a softness to touch. Inside has a fair sized mirror and it clasps shut nicely, which is perfect for travel (think about the original Naked Palette - didn't clasp shut and was a nightmare for opening in my suitcase or carry-on).












So with these two pictures you can see the inside mirror and the color of the shadows. They are, again, as we expect from Urban Decay for quality. Buttery and soft and extremely easy to apply and blend out. All shades except the far left, Skimp, are matte; Skimp has some subtle sheen to it. All are beautiful and it has become my go-to palette to reach for daily.
Just to show you the color payoff - below I have them swatched on my hand without a primer underneath.
Seriously. So soft and the staying power has been immaculate - with a primer (I usually use Smashbox 24-hour photo finish eyeshadow primer), this stuff lasts all day or night without creasing or fading. Well worth the $34 at Sephora Canada.







On a basic everyday look I will put Skimp on my inner corner and brow bone. Stark all over the lid and then place Frisk in the outer corner and blended up into the crease. Then, I will add either my Black Kat Von D Tattoo eyeliner to my top lid OR smudge Frisk into my lower lash-line for a light beachy smokey eye.

For a night out, I'll stray more towards the darker end of the palette. Using Skimp in the inner corner and brow bone again. But then I will play around with Cover and Primal on my lid and crease, and finish off using Undone into the lower lash-line for a more intense nighttime smokey look.

Bottom Line: this palette is well worth the purchase. Can create daytime and nighttime looks in neutral tones, small enough to travel with and a high quality product. I can see this being a staple in my make-up routine for quite some time.

Let me know what you guys think of this palette. Have you tried it? Or do you have any other recommendations, please share!

XOXO

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment