Find Me!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

TVAL Product Review Pt. 1

Hey guys!!

So, as I mentioned before, TVAL sent me some things to review. I have given each product a fair bit of use and I will give my thoughts truthfully. Some products I LOVEEEED, some were not the greatest for me. Remember though, just because I liked or disliked something, doesn't mean it may or may not work for you. Because there is quite a few products here, I am going to do this in a 2 part review so it doesn't make this post too long. Below I have pictured all products sent to me and I will give the most detailed description of how I felt using each that I can. Come back and check out Pt.2!

                                                            Products for Review
As you can see they sent me a few ranges of products. There is skin care, makeup, lotion, and even some dry shampoo. So, with that. Lets dive in!

Colorful Lip Balm
Ok. So this is something I absolutely loved. The way this feels on my lips is absolutely amazing. There is no stickiness, just softness. It feels like my lips are just being hydrated and treated right. One thing I actually dislike about tinted lip balms, are that I tend to use lip balms when my lips are already dry and sometimes flaky. Using a lip balm that's tinted almost always ends up distributing unevenly and getting products build-up in creases and actually enhances any dry look my lips already have.Now maybe that's because deep down and burried in the ingredients of lip balms, there is actually usually a chemical that dries out your lips so you end up using more product and buying more etc. the viciuous cycle we have all heard of. So when you get a tinted balm, for me, it ends up accentuating the dryness of my lips and I may as well have put on a lip stain. This, however... This lip balm in no way does that and it has almost become a holy grail for that situation. I haven't reached for any other tinted balm since I received this. There is a slight smell (can't quite put my finger on it, but it is nice), and the color is very sheer (as you can tell from the picture). It is definitely a lip balm that just gives the smallest hint of color. My lips are pretty pigmented, but this still shows up a little and just gives a nice natural look. Again, it is just how this makes my lips feels that makes me love it the most. We'll see how it works out through the winter, as I tend to get very dry lips, but I think I'll definitely be repurchasing this one! P.S: The cute tube is definitely a bonus, seriously, how adorable is that packaging?

TVAL Skin Smoothie
Can I just point out (again) how cute this packaging is? They seriously know how to grab a gals attention with that. Ok, the first thing I want to say is kind of a disclaimer here, the scent is "Cherry Tart". I feel the need to mention here that at no fault of anyone's (except whoever made that awful cherry medicine as a kid), I actually despise the scent/flavour of cherry. No matter what it is, or who made it - it is a scent I do not like. Candles, lotion, bath salts, lip products, scratch and sniff stickers, candy, you name it and I won't like it. Therefore, I had to get a second opinion on the scent from someone else because I was just not going to like it regardless. I have been told by 3 others that they actually like this scent, so I feel comfortable saying that this probably does smell good to a normal human (unlike myself haha). Either way, it isn't the only scent this product has, so just smell whichever one you like best to choose. I do however really like it as a moisturiser, so its a shame that I won't be able to use it (although I'm sure mom will be loving this little gift). The only way I could really try this out was before bed, or to wash my hands with pumpkin soap after using it. I wanted to try it before bed and leave it on so that could tell how it worked over time (not just being washed away immediately). In the morning I awoke with my hands feeling very soft and any dry skin was no longer white (you know, the dry hands thing where the creases turn a little white because you're in desperate needs of moisture). I tried it a few times during the day, but washed it off (again, the scent). I did this so that I could gauge the initial feeling of the application.When initially applying, it also doesn't leave that annoying sticky feeling that sometimes lingers with hand creams, which is definitely a plus for me. I can't stand when I apply hand lotion and I have to wait 5 minutes before I can continue working or whatever it is I am doing. I type a lot at my job so my hands need constant attention, but I don't have time to apply hand cream, wait 5 minutes before I can put my rings back on and continue working. This stuff just doesn't require that kind of time commitment and you can rub some on and continue on with your day. I really like the feel of this, so I think I'm going to have to pick up another scent and give it a try through the winter!

Banana Honey Face Mask
I used this once a week (so manybe 3-4 times now) and I also enjoyed this as a face cream. It is just your typical face cream that makes you feel like you got that deep clean yet didn't strip my skin of any moisture (which is essential around this time of year). It says to keep it in the fridge, which I actually ended up loving' applying this stuff cold felt soooooo nice. After a few uses I didn't find that I broke out and my skin just felt nice and soft. I've also been on a bit of a kick lately where I want to watch what kinds of things I'm washing my skin with, especially my face, so I really like that this is all natural ingredients that just help enhance my skin, not strip away its natural oils. The only downfall I found for this product was again, the scent. The banana scent is very strong and after the 10 minutes or so on my face it was almost overpowering to me. This could again just be me. I'm very scent crazy, so if you smell this out of the jar and like it, you will be fine. I just kept thinking of banana flavoured medicine (again with the medicine!). I'm going to continue to use this as I like the way it feels, but once its gone I may have to try a different mask from there and hope for the same skin benefits without the scent.

Alright. So this is all I'm going to review for Part 1 of these products. There are still 4 things left to go, and like this post, there are some I absolutely loved, and others that I am a little unsure of; but we'll get into that next time!

I just want to say again, that these products were gifted to me to try and review, but as you can see my true thoughts on everything has been said. I am in no way being paid etc. and all these views are completely my own.
Thanks again to TVAL for sending me these things as I have certainly found some gems in here (as well as from Pt.2 - coming up!)

If you are interested in any of these products and want to try them for yourself - TVAL accepts orders and ships from their website (in case you do not live near)

http://tvalskincare.com/

Thanks for reading! Love!


-J


2 comments:

  1. Nice post! You also have a nice blog! I've never heard of this brand, but it sounds like it's worth looking into! Thanks for sharing!

    Pilar

    http://plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm definitely going to check out yours! The brand is definitely worth a look. Pt.2 is up today!

    ReplyDelete